Tuesday, April 12, 2011

[YouTube-API] Re: Line breaks within Youtube feeds

Hello Patrick,

I believe that when you retrieve a video's description from a video
search feed, the text is munged a bit—URLs are truncated, and it
sounds like newlines are affected as well. This matches what you'd see
displayed for video descriptions on the search results page of
youtube.com.

If you need the full, unmodified video description, you'd need to
retrieve the actual video entry, i.e.

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/VIDEO_ID

Cheers,
-Jeff Posnick, YouTube API Team
~ YouTube is hiring! ~ http://google.com/jobs/workyoutube ~


On Apr 9, 6:04 pm, Patrick Hamel <pat4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am quite sure there's been a post on that subject before, but can't find
> one...
>
> I have a web page in which there is a data feed api script
> (www.ethernalskatefilms.com).  I have tried everything, but I cannot get the
> line feeds/breaks within the description to appear.  I am not an official
> programmer but trying to do my best.  I have tries RSS an ATOM feeds without
> any luck.  I have read that I could use CSS to break extra spaces
> (white-space) but there does not seem to be extra spaces where they should
> be on the descriptions.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Patrick

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "YouTube APIs Developer Forum" group.
To post to this group, send email to youtube-api-gdata@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to youtube-api-gdata+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/youtube-api-gdata?hl=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment